Cold radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks, can you please help with the following.
We have a pumped heating system with all radiators bar one working perfectly. The rad in question is in our hall opposite the thermostat. As you can imagine it's a bloody pain as the house gets too hot because the stat won't work, despite turning it down as low as pos.

All the radiators are balanced and were flushed clean by a heating engineer earlier this year but they gave up on the non working radiator (which wasnt working when we bought the house). We desperately want to tile the hall floor but until we fix this poxy rad that's a non-starter.

Today I removed it, flushed it out, re-fixed it, bled it and guess what?
Yep, nothing! While the rad was off the wall I took the time to open the valves and both worked fine ie water came out!

So before I get another engineer out can anyone out there give me an idea what could be wrong. :confused:

Sponsored Links
I take it you've done the basics, turne off hw, all other rads, put pump on full and closed any by-pass valve?

If so then a long shot would be it's piped in incorrectly with the f & r piped to the same pipe :confused: :?:

I take it you've done the basics, turne off hw, all other rads, put pump on full and closed any by-pass valve?

If so then a long shot would be it's piped in incorrectly with the f & r piped to the same pipe :confused: :?:

Hi Dave. Yes, have done all of above thanks. Sounds like I need to look for an engineer then! How are you fixed mate!

John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back