Radiator cold - even after bleeding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've just had an extension built with wet underfloor heating, and took the opportunity to split the heating into 3 zones. Kitchen/diner (with UFH), Lounge/hall (rads) & Bedrooms (rads). System is a combi boiler, 3 x Heatmiser Neo thermostats and 3 x S plan valves, and each rad has a TRV - it works well, except one of the rads in a bedroom that is not heating up.

All the other radiators on that circuit work and I have bled the radiator but there was no air trapped.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Do other radiators in the bedrooms zone work? Have you enabled just that one zone to see if the problem rad warms up?

If not, turn off the other rads in that zone and see if it then works. Assuming it does, balance the radiators in that zone to get all of them working. You will then need to balance the other zones as well.

Sponsored Links
Thanks both. Rad has a TRV, doesn't feel stuck but obviously could be faulty. Other rads in the zone work - will have a go at balancing when I get home tonight

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back