cold radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have read related posts about my problem but hence no solutions so hear goes.
I have a fully pumped CH system with an indirect cylinder in the loft piped with 8mm microbore. 7 radiators in all. For the record I have just had a new Vaillant condensing boiler fitted with a replacement Grundfos pump. The whole system was powerflushed but the hall radiator,the last rad to be fed on the system,is not heating up. I tried closing off all the other rads but no joy. The old TRV was working fine but had it replaced anyway. The radiator itself is not blocked. Now then prior to my new boiler being replaced this rad did take a few days to come on when I started up the heating in late autumn but once started it came on with all the other rads when the CH programmer kicked in. The hall rad was working for about 4 weeks after the boiler change and has now stopped heating up. I did however close off the pump by-pass and, along with the other rads turned off, the rad affected DID heat up. Then I turned on the other rads and everything is fine until the next morning when the heat comes on hey ho stone cold hall rad. Incidentally I put the pump on it's highest setting 3. I've had a corgi heating guy in but he is not sure where to go from here...Any help from this excellent forum would be very much appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back