cold radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Gents,

I've been through the similar posts and all seem to tail off without a positive conclusion.
We've a three floor house, on the top one radiator is cold but it's not the furthest from boiler and the other two up there are piping hot. Have changed the valves, (previously it had got hot but the valve had started to stick and I changed it-never really worked since) and tonight I even changed the radiator and valves. But even with all others turned off it barely got warm when I fired up the boiler. I opened the rad next door to it and it's piping hot. TRV hot, rad luke warm at top. Does flow through as I'd not tightened lock shield well when I filled it and water was flowing out when I got upstairs.

Boiler has been recently replaced with sealed system boiler but I'd forgot to tell engineer rad was cold and guessed once the old ideal mexico was replaced things would be better. Water pressure defo better but that rad still cold.

So, no sticking valve. bleeds ok but not heating. Any suggestions gratefully accepted,

Thanks,

Caz

Sponsored Links
The engineer who replaced the boiler should have really checked every radiator got hot before he left.

Have you tried turning all radiators off by the TRV besides the 1 that's not heating up?

You say you have read through all posts and tried methods to solve, what exactly have you tried?

Thanks for the reply, I'll certainly have words, but given it had been a fault before the replacement and remains such I feel it's my own fault for not specifying he should have checked it.

Regarding what I've tried; I initially took the TRV off to see if the pin was sticking, appeared not but changed valves anyway. When I recently drained down to replace the valves and upgraded the radiator for a newer one too I also shut down all the other radiators both at trv and return (is that a mistake?). The TRV valve got quite hot but radiator was barely warm. I then opened the trv and return of the radiator next door which is a little further away and it got piping hot quickly.

Any further suggestions welcome thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back