Cold Radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a radiator which never worked since i bought the house. I got a plumber in and they changed the thermostatic valve and it still didn't work but after a few days as if by magic it started working. I suspected an airlock maybe.

Well I've had to drain the system to replace a different radiator elsewhere in the house and now the radiator doesn't work again. I've given it a few days and still no joy.

I've tried turning off several radiators in the thope the pump can push out the airlock, but to no avail.

Anybody have any other ideas i can try.

TIA

Jason

Sponsored Links
Turn off ALL the other rads And Hot Water (on programmer)Turn pump to max :idea:

i assume from the air lock its a gravity c/h. does the rad in question have a drain off valve ? if so u could attach a hose and open it and alow some water to rush out hopefully moving ur air lock

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back