Cold Radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have two cold radiators in my house downstairs despite bleeding them. When I turn of all rads in the house except these two they heat up perfectly. I then have turned all the other rads in the house one by one, slowly allowing each one to heat up. By the end of this all rads are on and working fine except the two downstairs which begin to cool.

Any thoughts on what the problem might be as a blockage can be ruled out?

Sponsored Links
system probably needs balancing see other posts as there are lots about this type of problem

I did some balancing on the rads last night and one of them came back good and hot but the other remains cold.

The inflow pipe feels hot on it though, so does this sound like a little bit more "tweaking" / balancing will bring this on line? The two troblesome rads are back to back on a partition wall.

All other rads in the house have stayed good and hot but I am not sure what the minimum amount the out flow valves should be open?

I have similar problem with cold radiator. How is Balancing carried out? Please advise

Thanks alot

Sponsored Links
Balancing is carried out by adjustment the lockshield valve on each radiator. The Rads closest to boiler should be more closed then those at end of the line to build up pressure.

You should search this site for Balancing as I am not a plumber or an expert on this...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back