Cold Radiators

I have tried the above and the flow has increased significantly from a trickle to actual water. Even though I have drained and refilled the system multiple times I am still getting discoloured water. I have had black bits and black water come out as well as dark and light brown. The light brown is most of the time dark brown generally at the start of the draining.

I still have the same issue with this radiator though and I have flushed the radiator out with a hose pipe to ensure nothing was in there despite it being new but still nothing and the water flows through it fine and gives a pretty fountain when coming out.

Even when the system is pressurised I have the return coming out with pressure but the flow doesn't come out with as much force. I have since found out by re-balancing the system that most of the flow on my radiators is on the lockshield end as this end seems to get hot first. I have restricted the flow on all the radiators however the problem persists.

I currently have the top of the TRV off the radiator (the twisty thing at the top with the pin exposed) to see if the TRV was stopping the flow as a test but again its new so I cant see it being the problem and so far it seems to still be problematic. I have also got the system currently at 2 bar pressure to see if it helps but so far nothing.

Does anyone have any further suggestions?

Thanks

James

Sponsored Links
I have drained and refilled the system multiple times...I have had black bits and black water come out as well as dark and light brown.

you mean with plain water?

you could use a cleaning chemical again

with five pages of posts I've lost track of what you did.

Yes with plain water from the filling tap on the boiler.

I have new radiators and one has never worked and is hot at the top and cold at the bottom. I had a chemical cleaner in the system for 2 weeks and I flushed the system.

I have run water from a hosepipe through the radiator in question and it comes out tye other side which is fine.

The return pipe on this radiator never gets hot yet the flow is always hot. It was a trickle but now flows but it seems like it's without full pressure as the return comes out with some force the flow which is problematic runs out like a tap would but without pressure. The flow should be enough to fill the radiator but I don't know if it has the pressure to push it around but I think that's the job of the return to pull it round?

Also I have found that the locksheld is on the flow on quite a few of my other working radiators meaning the TRV is on the return. Could this be the problem? As I have turned off both the TRV and the lockshield on two smaller radiators which work downstairs and a larger one on the middle floor but still the issue persists.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

James

Sponsored Links
Also I have found that the locksheld is on the flow on quite a few of my other working radiators meaning the TRV is on the return. Could this be the problem?
No, I thought the problem is the pipe is blocked, unless the valve is on that pipe it won't be related.

That's what it looks like since it looks like there is no pressure behind the water on the flow.

Thanks

James

I have turned all TRV and lockshields off in the house and just have the problematic radiator on and it still doesn't get hot all the way through and it's been like this for a couple of hours now.

And the return doesnt seem to get warm either...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back