cold rads downstairs,again!!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i give up,tried balancing,closing off all the upstairs rads,then all downstairs become hot(so don't think its blockage)turn on 1 rad upstairs and all downstairs go cold within minutes,tried balancing,had trvs off pump running at speed 3 or 2.very hot water gushes out down stairs rads(indicates pumps ok to me) but reattach to rad it goes cold???
any one help please.had 7 different plumbers look at this problem,i know a bit about plumbing so not a complete novice.please suggestions please.
ps done the thermometer checks as well.

Sponsored Links
Is it possible to trace all the pipe runs and create a "circuit diagram" showing how it all plumbs together, including rad outputs and pipe sizes?

It still sounds like a balancing problem and knowing how it all fits together will make balancing easier. See How to Balance a CH System

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back