Cold shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got an electric type shower. You pull the cord and turn the dial and it heats up. It is Creda make. Today it was not hot, just cold. Why is this? How can it be fixed please? Cold showers are not my favourite! Please help!

Sponsored Links
it just says creda on it.
i have pulled the cord like usual
the water is ok in the rest of the flat.
thanks for helping seco services.

electric showers need approx 1 bar pressure to operate the micro switches which allow the power to the heating elements.
if the pressure is to low it will only run cold.
pressure you can't really tell by eye only flow.

it could be a blocked filter or a faulty tco.
you need a multi meter really to test for power on certain parts in the shower.

have you a pic of the shower ?

http://www.creda-showers.co.uk/downloads

Sponsored Links
thanks for helping me. i do understand some of what you are saying but obviously am no pro. the pressure seems fine though. by tco do you mean thermal cut out? how would this be reset/fixed? does this mean the shower has overheated, possibly due to lack of flow? maybe a blockage is slowing down the flow? sorry i do not have a picture. i can describe to you the shower though:-
inside is a copper looking smallish cylinder, and there are about 8 wires !

as for your describing the shower they all look like that inside.

have a look on the creda link i gave you is it any of them ?

yes a tco is a thermal cutout, and is if it overheats due to restricted flow etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back