Cold water drip from Electric Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

A little issue with my Triton Aspirante electric shower- when running, I get a drip of cold water coming from the base of the unit. I had the front off this afternoon, and couldn't spot anything obvious wrong, so I am turning to the internet for help!

First thought was that the inlet might be loose, but then realised that if that was the case, it would drip all the time, and not just when the unit is running. So, could it be the pressure release valve that's bust? The water that is dripping is cold, so coming from before it hits the heating system. Photo attached of the guts of the shower- any help appreciated.

Ta

Chris

IMG_1286.JPG

Sponsored Links
if the water is coming from the prv ,it will be a constant stream ,as opposed to a drip. its more likely to be a seal that has failed within the guts of the shower. if the shower is 5 or 6 years old I would just replace it ,if I were you.

I think it is a stream actually, just a slow one that presents as a drip when it collects on the front of the unit. Would a PRV fail see cold water coming out, or is it fitted after the water is heated?

prd is fitted directly in front of the shower outlet ( where your hose connects ) and water would be same temp as comes out the shower head.it would be a constant non stop stream of water , and visible near the hose where it joins the shower outlet.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back