Dripping Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks

I currently have a Redring Plus 8.5 electric shower. I moved into the property 5 months ago but only now has the shower constantly started dripping and wont stop.

The water seems to be coming from both the holes and the outer circumference of the shower head. Disconnecting the shower head i find loads of water in the tubing.

can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
Is the shower dripping constantly or is the shower head just draining after use?
If you leave the shower undisturbed after use, does the dripping continue for a few hours or does it stop eventually?

The shower hose/tube will remain full of water after use - that's normal.

If the dripping is constant it suggests that the internal vale/solenoid is not closing properly.

Yeah it has just been dripping constantly, tried turning off and on + still dripping after shower. Is that an easy fix if you had the prt i guess i could look it up.

It's an easy fix but depends on which model you have - the part and fitting may well cost more than a new unit.

Which model shower is it?

Sponsored Links
redring_plus_extra_9.5kw_plus_extra.jpg

This is the Redring Plus 8.5kW - if it's the solenoid valve then it's part 12 on the diagram

Do not attempt to repair yourself - live mains (fatal) voltage inside the case and live mains pressure water as well!

I think the solenoids are generally easy enough to change for someone who is competent and comfortable. Do you have any plumbing/electric/diy experience?

I would have no experience but might know someone who does. Sent this thread to them and just waiting to hear back see what they say

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
It might be just build up from the hard water, in the valve. If someone can remove the valve and soak it in something like lemon juice, it may well clear it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back