shower leaking

Sponsored Links
Let my spidey senses think about what make and model shower you have... It could take a while.

Wy don't you speed things up by telling us... :rolleyes:

Dan_Robinson said:
Let my spidey senses think about what make and model shower you have... It could take a while.

Wy don't you speed things up by telling us... :rolleyes:

can't tell you the make there are no signs of any writing on it. its an electric one thats as much as I can tell you, sorry

Sponsored Links
Dan_Robinson said:
Chance are the solenoid is faulty - but without the specifics your are not going very far - can you post a picture?

not got a digital camera :( at the moment, I can I tell if it is the solenoid

rocketronuk said:
shower constantly dripping from shower head. how do I stop it?
When you use the shower, do you turn it off by pressing a button or by turning a knob?

And what are the markings around that knob?

Do you turn the knob to a position marked 'zero', or just turned to a minimum position?

Softus said:
And what are the markings around that knob?

Do you turn the knob to a position marked 'zero', or just turned to a minimum position?

you just turn to a minimum position

In that case it sounds like your unit doesn't have a solenoid.

Either way, it can almost certainly be serviced/repaired, but you'd need to be certain about the make and model before going any further.

Or you could just buy a new unit and fit that.

Softus said:
In that case it sounds like your unit doesn't have a solenoid.

Either way, it can almost certainly be serviced/repaired, but you'd need to be certain about the make and model before going any further.

Or you could just buy a new unit and fit that.

if I find out the make and model is it worth servicing/ repair as it much be 10 plus years old

How much are you prepared to spend on a repair?

How much are you prepared to spend on a new unit?

Softus said:
How much are you prepared to spend on a repair?

How much are you prepared to spend on a new unit?

where would I get the spares from?. would it be from the manurfacture or plumbers merchants. think anew unit is alot plus time fitting it so in that case I'll go for the spares if I can buy them

rocketronuk said:
where would I get the spares from?. would it be from the manurfacture or plumbers merchants.
Yes.

think anew unit is alot plus time fitting it so in that case I'll go for the spares if I can buy them
OK then.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back