Cold water from hot water tap.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, ive had an issue a few weeks where my combi boiler cant heat the hot water to the max temp. I noticed now that i also get cold water from my hot water tap in the bathroom sink when i run my bath at the same time. When i do this, the water from the bath tap is scorching.

When run individually the hot water isnt hot from any taps or shower in the house. The Taps in the kitchen, bath and downstairs toilet are mixers as well as the shower unit. Running the hot tap in the sink, which gives cold water, is the only wAy i can get hot water in the bath. Any ideas???. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sounds like one of the mixer taps/shower is passing cold water to the hot.
Try isolating each mixer to see if it cures it.

Hi, I isolated every mixer except the shower and its still not fixing the problem.

I had the stop cock in the house moved just prior to this issue happening. Thought it could be to do with flow so had it put back as it was but that didnt fix it either.

Any other ideas? Unless its the shower mixing this, could it be a flow problem thats causing this?

Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back