cold water hot & hot water not??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Bit of advice please, for a week now our hot water runs to hand-hot then cools to lukewarm only.We have a Herculag indirect boiler and our heating is fine, all rads still blazing as ever. The one thing I should mention is that since we have been living here (8 years) the cold tap downstairs runs hot milky looking water for about 15-20 seconds before it gets cold again. This is still happening. Is my boiler Knackered or is there something else I could try first?Nothing has been changed or tampered with recently it just stopped heating the water. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Ta :cry:

Sponsored Links
Sounds like 2 separate problems.
Check for air in circulating pipes feeding cylinder. also if there is a stat attached to side of cylinder, check if zone valve fitted on hot water circs and actuator isn't sticking, you can normally check these manually.

The warm, cold water, sounds like the cold water pipe feeding the downstairs sink is fitted to close to your central heating pipes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back