Cold water pressure too low. Please advise me.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a cold water storage tank in my bathroom. It is approximately 7 feet off the ground.

For a bath the cold water pressure is fine. However for a shower (hose connected to taps) the cold water pressure is too low, and the cold water literately does not reach the shower output. Therefore I get only hot water from the shower and this too hot for use.

I don't know if the cold water to the bath is from the mains or the storage tank.

Would I just need a pump to correct this?

Sponsored Links
That's unfortunate :LOL:

Does the cold water tank feed any other flats?

If not, then have the cold water tank disconnected and link the cold main to the cold supply to the bathroom.

Sponsored Links
:D not the best brand I hear.

The only other linked flat is the one above me. I don't think the cold water tank is connected to this flat above. Would that be the correct assumption to make? (I will try and check now).

Another question I have is why would the people who installed the boiler previously have kept the bathroom like this?

Also is what you suggest a big/expensive job?

Thanks for your advice so far.

The tank is unlikely to work for the flat above.

Depends on who did the flat conversion, but some people either didn't realise you didn't need the tank.

Or alternatively, they considered the water supply unreliable and ran the cold water from a tank to give a backup.

Shouldn't be expensive to change the pipework.

It is the collateral/associated works that might be required to reclaim the space.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back