cold Water Storage Tank - Loft - Noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We recently had a loft convertion and so relocated the cold tank to within the space in the eaves from in the centre of the loft. Now we are living in the loft and as my head is within about 50cm's of the tank, although with a stud wall and insulation inbetween, the noise from the tank when it fills is rather loud! Is there anything that can be done to make it quieter? From what i can see the valve filling the tank is just some old ball cock type affair so i wonder what the options are?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Some types are a little quieter.

Has this tank got a lid as it should?

Whats the water being used for that keeps you awake?

Tony

well - it does have a lid but i have noticed that it is not fitting quite right since its been moved so it needs some fettling. The water is used whenever the main house bathroom is used, ground floor cold water if directly from the mains it seems. Its not that its keeping me awake as such is just that if it can be made to be more quiet then thats something i'd like to be able to do.

thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back