Colour scheme - advice required!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

A new house has been acquired and we are currently in the process of redecorating.

The house is north-south with the lounge on the north side. I would like the lounge to have two colours (or tones) but I remain undecided. One long wall will be painted in one colour and the other walls painted another, but there are two conditions.

1) I have an underwater photograph (in my "Fish" album) that I would like to have enlarged to A1 canvas and put on the long wall of the lounge so whatever paint I use would need to compliment the picture.

2) I have a red rug which I would like to use if I can because I do like red.

I have thought about being inspired by a

(a) mediterranean feel to give the room a relaxed, warm feel (terracotta or similar)

(b) have grey carpet with grey corner sofa and red cushions to match the rug.

But what wall colours should I use? Would a neutral colour be preferable to compliment the picture?

I'm not an expert on such matters so any suggestions or ideas would be gratefully received (especially internet links to pictures).

Thanks

Sponsored Links
To be honest, giving advice on colour schemes is very hard to do here for two reasons. The first is that I do not know what your room looks like and the second is that decorating idea's are so personal, it would be pointless trying to guess what you may like, someone I do not know!

May I suggest typing into google images 'living room idea's'. There will be a plethora of photographs that surely will inspire you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back