colour issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there
I am new to using chat forums so not sure how this works
I have recently moved house and it is prefabricated so all the walls are plaster board.
So pretty easy to decorate I guess!?
I am having trouble with the layout and what colours to paint down stairs.
The lounge is chocolate brown and a mushroom colour as is the hallway. The dining room is a pink with pink and silver flowered wall paper. The kitchen is blue. Too many colours for me!!
I'm happy with the dining room and kitchen.
So its the hallway I'm stuck with. We are planning on doing the lounge with a grey paper feature wall and cream on the other walls.
Now do I follow the pink from the dining room through into the hallway with a grey carpet , or follow the grey out of the lounge, doing a grey panel on the stairs and the back wall leading up the stairs , with cream on the walls in the hallway and a darker grey carpet!?
Any advice would be great as myself and my husband can not agree which would be better .
To flow from dining area to hall , or lounge to hall??

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back