Colour ideas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are decorating our house to move in and planning on using light grey and feature walls in our living room.

We were planning on leaving the staircase White.

IMG_20190412_212916.jpg IMG_20190412_212908.jpg 15551013073631231232757380297576.jpg

But now I'm thinking of colouring this area light grey too. The carpet on the stairs will be grey black and red Stripes. And grey laminate in the living room.

Can anyone suggest subtle ways to break the grey in the staircase. Or do you think, it won't look too greyey.

Think the actual colour is moonlight grey.

Sponsored Links
I would personally paint the stair case in a white gloss non drip paint. This paint is tough and durable for hardware. Difficult and messy however worth it the end.

Good luck

Thanks. Do you mean the walls on the staircase or the wooden parts. I am painting the wood in white satin.

Sponsored Links
I have just painted my house, it was light grey. I have painted all walls and ceilings white and the woodwork satin white.

It looks soooooo much better.

Andy

• Thanks
Reactions: Min

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back