Colour standard for 2 way switch

Cal me dense, but I can't think of a typical situation where three phase would consist of a blue conductor sleeved black.
How about red/yellow/blue over-sleeved with, say, brown/grey/black respectively ?

I'm not saying that it's likely to be done, but it would result in blue conductor having a black sleeve :)

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
How about red/yellow/blue over-sleeved with, say, brown/grey/black respectively ?

I'm not saying that it's likely to be done, but it would result in blue conductor having a black sleeve :)

Kind Regards, John
Typically, an non-harmonised blue would be sleeved harmonised grey.

Harmonised black would typically go over the non-harmonised yellow.

Typically, an non-harmonised blue would be sleeved harmonised grey. ... Harmonised black would typically go over the non-harmonised yellow.
Maybe 'typically' but as far as I am aware there are no rules, and practices vary.

Lets face it, there are often discussions, revealing clear differences in views/practices, about which of black and grey should be used as a neutral, when required.

Kind Regards, John

Cal me dense, but I can't think of a typical situation where three phase would consist of a blue conductor sleeved black.
Depends what colour the other wires are.
if it was brown, grey, blue (as it happens correct colurs for DC... unless changed in recent editions) &E

Sponsored Links
Maybe 'typically' but as far as I am aware there are no rules, and practices vary.

Lets face it, there are often discussions, revealing clear differences in views/practices, about which of black and grey should be used as a neutral, when required.

Kind Regards, John
There are, I jumped in with keeping it black until I happend to work on an old circuit which had been extended with harmonised cable and suddenly I found a very good reason as earthy yellow became black and neutrally blue became grey. it all dropped neatly into place.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back