Coloured and textured uPVC window frames

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would appreciate experiences and opinions on textured/coloured finishes applied to uPVC window frames...

I intend to replace all my existing old double galzed aluminium windows currently fitted to my home later this year and am currently looking at options. Seems like uPVC rather than aluminium is the way to go (mainly on thermal insulation and cost grounds) but I'm not too taken with a plain white finish.

From what I've read, any coloured and/or textured finish on uPVC is achieved either with paint or a foil wrap, niether of which sounds like a good idea to me (wouldn't a painted uPVC surface require regular re-painting and there appear to be many instances of foil wraps lifting/bubbling).

Is there any other technique used to achieve a coloured uPVC frame finish that would likely last decades and require minimal maintenance?

Sponsored Links
Coloured or Foiled Pvc frames have been around for many years, and have very few major problems. We had some windows ' sprayed ' a black about 15 years ago and they still look as good today as then. You just have to make sure they are done by a reputable company, as all the fittings need removing to spray them.

Foils come in many different colours these days , and are usually a ' renolit ' foil , which is adhered in such a way that I have yet to come across any that have ' peeled ' off, yes we had poorly manufactured frames that have had the foiling damaged but any reputable company won't allow damaged frames to the end consumer. Depending on the colour you wish to have , I would quite happily suggest using ' foiled ' frames

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back