Combi - Baxi Instant 105e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Combi -Baxi instant 105e which has a faulty plate heat exchanger. The plate exchanger is located in the back of the unit. The repair procedure states to support the unit, remove the 2 screws, lift unit up and to the left taking care not to damage any wires or connections. My question is: Can this unit be taken out through the front or does it have to come out from the side. If from the side, how do I remove a section of the outer case to allow for this?

Sponsored Links
I am pretty sure that it can be taken out from the front.

However, I think that other parts have to be removed first.

Unfortunately I just look at them and do whatever is necessary.

Perhaps someone can advise on exactly what has to be dismantled.

Tony

Front.
Nothing in the way.
Have some seals handy (the 4 O ring things)
Cover the electrics in plastic...

Sponsored Links
one thing i would say is,even though you think you drained the boiler.think again.the instant model is a pain.and you could end up getting water in the pcb area.when you suddenly here the dreaded gurgling ;)

LOL yes thats the Stored water in the expansion vessel :LOL:
the best way to drain them is to remove the nut off the end of the left hand blanking nut on the isolation valve remove the motor head off the diverter and push the little pin half way down with a stubby! then crack the nut on the back of the 3 way valve where it goes upto the Exp vessel sorted ;)

Remove the diverter motor then it will come out the front if you twist it around so its laying flat with the holes facing up then pull it out over the top of the diverter valve. Just needs a little wiggling round.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back