Combi Boiler And Installation Technician Suggestions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear all,
as posted in another thread, it is likely time to get a new boiler.

I would like some suggestion as to
1) the make and model of the boiler you would suggest
2) a competent, qualified technician near me
3) a ballpark about costs

The boiler is a combi boiler for a 550sf flat. The flat is fairly warm (last floor, flat built 2005, insulation is good). There is a thermostat for the entire flat on the wall, works very well, would like to keep it. I can give any other information that may be necessary.

Installation should have to be made in one day, I work from home on a Monday so that would work, too. Otherwise Saturdays/Sunday but I imagine longer waiting time for a weekend appointment.

Location is Chafford Hundred RM16.

Many tanks in advance

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
"Which combi boiler should I have" is one of the most regularly-asked questions on here, and you'll get a variety of answers, but Intergas are always popular. The Intergas Xclusive is particularly well-suited to smaller living spaces. Dean Robinson is sorry of close-ish to you https://www.robinsonheating.co.uk/ he's a regular poster on here but I can't remember his current username!

As to whether the installation can be completed in a day or not, that depends on a number of factors such as ease of flue installation, whether your current gas pipe size is acceptable, and how dirty your system is. A very dirty system in a flat could take at least half a day to flush out to an acceptable standard for fitting a new boiler, leaving very little time for completing everything else within the single day. A quality installation is just as important as a quality boiler - throw a decent boiler in in the shortest possible time with little care taken and it won't last very long.

It's worth considering upgrading your thermostat to a more efficient one to get the most out of your new boiler.

Like said its about quality in installation. Manufacturers will not validate bad installations more than once.

2 day job with Powerflush. However you will get monkeys that complete in morning and fit another 1 or 2 in the afternoon.

You need written broken down quotes

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back