Remeha Avanta Plus boiler: No hot water (DHW) after technician installed Hive single channel receiver; central heating (CH) works with app.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I had a Hive technician come by two days ago to install a Hive hub and single channel receiver onto my Remeha Avanta Plus boiler. Since the technician came and 'did' the wiring I no longer have any hot water in my flat. I am able to turn on the central heating using the app. There are no error codes on the boiler. When I had functioning hot water I would turn on my faucet and I would hear my boiler switch on. However currently when I turn open the hot water faucets I get no life from the boiler.

Can anyone help me with any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
It's probably gone on strike for having such an awful on/off stat fitted to an OpenTherm capable boiler...

Maybe they managed to disturb the flow sensor wiring?

Sponsored Links
run the hw tap with the heating switched off at the Hive and watch the display, it should go 1-2-4, and the HW will heat, if it is not doing this come back and tell us what the display is, or post a pic of it

From your post hijacking the other thread..

My boiler is a Remeha Avanta Plus.

I took a look at the wiring job the technician did and it resembles the wiring connections made by the original poster. Can anyone provide any suggestions as to why this could be? Many thanks.
Can you post a photo of these 'wiring conections'?

I may be wrong, but it looks as if there should be a link between 4 and 3, even on a combi - has this been removed?

Screenshot_20230815-201653_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back