Hive dual channel receiver & combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hello, I have recently had Hive fitted by my gas installer and although I have a combi boiler the dual channel receiver was fitted. When I go to turn my heating on in the app I have to turn on both 'hot water' and 'heating' options, if I select just 'heating' the heat does not come on. Does anybody know if this is correct when a dual channel receiver has been used on a combi boiler?

Sponsored Links
Normally the single channel Hive is used for combi boilers, it is specifically designed for this application.

I have seen dual channel Hive's fitted to combi's and the hot water part is either just not wired to anything, so actually does nothing. Or, some combi's do have a pre-heat setting for the hot water and the hot water section of the dual channel Hive can be connected to control that if required. But in reality not many are.

However, having to set the Hive to have both hot water and heating selected 'on' in order to get any heating suggests that something is wrong.

Thanks for getting back to me, sorry I’ve just checked using the ‘hot water’ option only and this also turns the heat on so presumably the wires have been connected in the wrong place?

Fitting Hive
Fitting the wrong Hive
Incorrectly wiring the Hive

A trifecta of rubbish!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for getting back to me, sorry I’ve just checked using the ‘hot water’ option only and this also turns the heat on so presumably the wires have been connected in the wrong place?

Yep! all wrong.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back