Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I'm using a Dual Hive for Combi (I'm using this and not single because it got it soooo cheap ). I have researched as much as i can, before asking.

Have I set this up correctly ?

Hive = Boiler
Earth = Earth
N =Blue
L = 230v Live Out
4: Heating On (NO) = 1

References used :
https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/hive-dual-receiver-to-combi-boiler.542208/
https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/hive-dual-channel-receiver-with-a-combi-boiler.502603/

WhatsApp Image 2022-03-13 at 21.24.26.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-03-13 at 21.21.43.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-03-13 at 21.20.51.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Yes you can do that as your boiler uses 230V, but it's a bit of a fudge / bodge IMHO you will have an app with hot water control that won't do anything. Personally I would want to exchange it for a single channel Hive and do it properly. But if that's not an issue for you, that's fine.

Yes you can do that as your boiler uses 230V, but it's a bit of a fudge / bodge IMHO you will have an app with hot water control that won't do anything. Personally I would want to exchange it for a single channel Hive and do it properly. But if that's not an issue for you, that's fine.

Thank you, I got the Hive really cheap so I'm trying to be smart, but failing, also further down the line I need to change the boiler to have hot water as combi not doing it for us.

Only issue i got is the temperature moving up and down doesn't seem to do nothing to the boiler, the boiler temperature doesn't seem to go up or down.

further down the line I need to change the boiler to have hot water as combi not doing it for us.
OK keeping the dual channel makes sense.
Only issue i got is the temperature moving up and down doesn't seem to do nothing to the boiler, the boiler temperature doesn't seem to go up or down.
Hive controls the room temperature, not the boiler temperature, it's simply an on/off switch that turns the boiler 'off' when the room where the thermostat is located gets to the set temperature and back 'on' when the room temperature falls below the set temperature.

Sponsored Links
Ohh.

My Boiler is main Elite 30kw which sits outside in a small attached brick shed, i brought HIve to be able to turn the boiler temperature on and off and control temperature , without having to go out of the house every time in the cold.

The boiler has two dials (Heating / Water ) which go from 25 to 80 what should i set these to so they would work with hive ?

also i brought this HIve for £60.

Set heating dial to approx 62 and hot water to approx 60, as it’s outside, by the time it reaches the tap, should be hot enough. Does the Hive work for the heating or not?

Not sure how i can check as if i turn the Hive Heating off the central heating seems to still be on. I also have a dial which has ;
Water and heating ==== OFF ==== Water

Is there another thermostat that you replaced with Hive? If yes, what have you done with it?

That's where they should go. What happens if you turn the heating off using the button on the front of the receiver?

That's where they should go. What happens if you turn the heating off using the button on the front of the receiver?

I checked and it looks like the heating is working with the hive the boiler turn on when i tell the hive to turn it on, and off when i tell it turn off.

I was hoping the Hive would control the boiler dials, which it does not from, is this statement correct ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back