Hive and Triango Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have purchased a Hive dual thermostat. I’m trying to install it into a Trianco Combi boiler.

Has anyone successfully done this?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
A dual on a combi, it could be done depending on what you're attaching it too. Suspect you'd prefer a single channel though.

It has a water tank built into the boiler (it’s oil fired) so wanted to control that also

Sponsored Links
The installed water tank is only a slave tank. Confirm the model of the boiler and we may be able to advise better, but older oil combis may not be suitable for individual control.

The timer has control for separate CH and DHW, so should not be a problem. Just be aware, as with all oil combis, if you have both channels selected, you will get no CH until DHW stat is satisfied.

Yeah that caught me out initially. The problem I have is the boiler runs on a low voltage (dry contact) switch but hive works on wet contact so I believe, so do I wire it into the existing controller I.e. run the normally open in to the common on the controller?

What do you mean by dry and wet contact? Your Trianco is fed with 240 volts, hardly low voltage.

From Hive

Our receivers are supplied from mains (the permanent live and permanent neutral connections). The single channel receiver has “dry contacts” or “zero volt contacts”, that means it acts like a switch connecting the signal input terminal (shown as “Common” in our install guide) to the normally open (Heating on) or normally closed (heating off) output terminals. This single channel receiver can switch low voltage or mains voltage boiler control signals. The voltage to be switched connects to the Common terminal.

The two channel receiver is mains voltages only. It produces mains output voltages on its heating and hot water on/off terminals.

Presumably you will be disconnecting the original timer. Your Hive outputs are mains, so just need connecting to the programmer outputs.

These are my options, I don’t have a 1 and 6. I have tried removing link A and the HTG to T and DHW to W.

Attachments

• A64E8545-D615-48A1-BD6C-183773C50902.jpeg
    A64E8545-D615-48A1-BD6C-183773C50902.jpeg
    289.8 KB · Views: 154

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back