Hive Help?...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Another Hive post, I know, I'm sorry. We've recently had a Ideal Logic + 35 Combi boiler installed. The plumber knew we were going to install Hive so didn't install a thermostat or any kind of timer, just a spur socket. I'm trying to determine which wires go where... Can anyone help? To confuse matters, I have bought a dual hive receiver, but presume I can just ignore the HW terminals?

Thanks in advance.
IMG_2788.JPG
IMG_4379.jpg

Sponsored Links
You'll need a professional installation as the front cover of the boiler will need removing to complete the installation, and only Gas Safe Registered Engineers should do that.

It's also something of a shame that you're considering fitting such a poor quality thermostat to a boiler that is compatible with much better ones. Hive is the least energy-saving of all the Internet-connected thermostats - you'd be much better off with something OpenTherm-compatible like a Honeywell T6

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back