Hive not controlling Ideal Logic+ Combi

idw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I followed the advice of a number of posts on this forum to install my Hive thermostat on my Ideal Logic+ Combi boiler. I think I've wired everything correctly but when I trigger the heating I hear a relay click in the Hive Receiver but the boiler doesn't switch on.

The wiring is currently:
  • Boiler Earth --> Reciever Earth
  • Boiler Neutral --> Receiver Neutral
  • Boiler Live --> Receiver Live
  • Switch 1 (black) --> Receiver 3
  • Switch 2 (red) --> Receiver 1
I'm hoping that I've missed something obvious but I'm wondering if it's something to do with the wireless timer (Ideal RT1) that was installed in the boiler before I started. I disconnected the two plugs, removed the unit and replaced it with a blanking plate. Is there something else I missed?

Thanks in advance,
Ian

Sponsored Links
Hi Ian,

Are you intending on carrying out essential safety checks afterwards? You have removed the cover on your boiler which forms part of the room seal on the appliance, which needs a regulation 26.9 check, as it’s classed as working on the appliance.

Thanks.

Hi Chris,

Apologies, if I've made a mistake here. I thought that Hive thermostats were sold with the option for consumers to install them themselves. There were a number of other threads here about self installation which is why I asked.

The wires you disconnected from the RT1 would have been live and neutral, and 2 switch wires. The 2 switch wires need joining together with a connector.

• Thanks
Reactions: idw
Sponsored Links
Hi Chris,

Apologies, if I've made a mistake here. I thought that Hive thermostats were sold with the option for consumers to install them themselves. There were a number of other threads here about self installation which is why I asked.

No worries, you’re not the first and won’t be the last ;). Consumers can install them, however not all combi boilers require these checks, such as some potterton and Baxi boilers.

I've got it working now thanks to Johnmdc advice. I figured the easiest thing was just to put the RT1 back in and set it to constant on, and take the batteries out of its wireless thermostat which has made it all behave as expected.

Although obviously I never touched it in the first place! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back