hive dual receiver to combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i bought hive dual channel for my combi biler (POTTERON PROMAX COMBI 33 HE A) by mistake. At the moment i have centaurstst 7. Could you please advice how to connect the hive dual to the combi biler. see pictures

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3390.jpg
    IMG_3390.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 349
  • IMG_3391.jpg
    IMG_3391.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 386
  • IMG_3392.jpg
    IMG_3392.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 403
Sponsored Links
Are you not able to return it for a single channel?

Possible, but it will be necessary to identify the wiring connections at the boiler and most likely make some changes.
Hive receiver requires minimum of 3 wires + earth, your existing thermostat only has 2 - an additional wire is present but not connected.

I Can’t return.
Flameport do you have any idea what is that 3th cable for?

Sponsored Links
Hi

I have som more info. please see photos
I hope somebody can help me with this.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3396.jpg
    IMG_3396.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 499
  • IMG_3397.PNG
    IMG_3397.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 464
hive dual wiring

Attachments

• dual.jpg
    dual.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 501
I think you would be better removing the Horstmann wiring, and then, what you may need is the following:

Live to Hive
Neutral to Hive
Heating on (switched live on boiler room stat connection)
Remove permanent live out from boiler room thermostat connection
Fit any earths if required

I think a few other such as flameport will know the answer properly.

The wires needed at the boiler are the blue, grey, black and green/yellow.
However there is another problem - the 5 core flex connected to the boiler is NOT the same cable that's connected to the existing thermostat.
There must be another junction box or similar where those two cables are joined - you will need to locate that and see how the two are connected together.

To answer flameports question, Check the fused spur, quite often joined in there.

The wires needed at the boiler are the blue, grey, black and green/yellow.
However there is another problem - the 5 core flex connected to the boiler is NOT the same cable that's connected to the existing thermostat.
There must be another junction box or similar where those two cables are joined - you will need to locate that and see how the two are connected together.

I can connect straight to the boiler because it is only receiver. This way is better for me. And the I can instal the wireless thermostat downstairs. Can you explain witch cable going where.

Hive Earth - Boiler Earth
Hive N - Boiler N (blue)
Hive L - Boiler 2 (grey)
Hive 4 - Boiler 1 (black)
Other terminals not used.

The existing grey and black wires at the boiler must be disconnected, along with all of the wiring to the existing thermostat. This means finding out where the other ends of all the wiring is and disconnecting it at both ends, ideally removing the wiring completely.

Hive Earth - Boiler Earth
Hive N - Boiler N (blue)
Hive L - Boiler 2 (grey)
Hive 4 - Boiler 1 (black)
Other terminals not used.

The existing grey and black wires at the boiler must be disconnected, along with all of the wiring to the existing thermostat. This means finding out where the other ends of all the wiring is and disconnecting it at both ends, ideally removing the wiring completely.

Flameport thanks

Everything working fine
Just need to change the hub for the new one because I bought second hand and been registered already.

Do you know what is the diferrent between them two?
at the moment i have that: hive hub v2 new
if i buy that other one will be ok?

Attachments

• hive v2 new.jpg
    hive v2 new.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 279
  • Hive v2.jpg
    Hive v2.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 262

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back