Replace potterton so 2 with Hive dual channel receiver

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Looking for some advice on replacing a potterton ep2 programmer with a hive dual channel receiver. The hive system is not linking up and hive customer services have questioned the wiring. Looking for some confirmation it has been wired correctly.

The heating and hot water can be turned on manually with the buttons on the receiver. I have included pictures of the original wiring on the potterton ep2 and how the wiring is now with hive dual channel receiver.

I would be grateful for your help.

Thanks

S
IMG_9390.png
IMG_9392.png
IMG_9389.png
IMG_9388.png

Sponsored Links
Looking for some confirmation it has been wired correctly.
Your wiring looks correct, assuming your original controller was working!
The heating and hot water can be turned on manually with the buttons on the receiver.
At the most basic level, the Hive receiver is only a couple of switches - If the heating and hot water work correctly when turned on manually by the buttons, that is proof that the wiring is correct.
The hive system is not linking up and hive
If the Hive thermostat is not linking up with the receiver, then that is a very different issue to the wiring.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Thanks for your replies.

Having done the wiring myself I just wanted to confirm I had wired it correctly. Now I can concentrate on the connectivity problem.

Thanks again.

S.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your replies.

Having done the wiring myself I just wanted to confirm I had wired it correctly. Now I can concentrate on the connectivity problem.

Thanks again.

S.
if you have a modern router it will be set to 5Ghz, sometimes the hives are set to 2.4Ghz so you have to use the password for that, I have absolutely no clue why but sometimes you have to do that

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back