Remeha Avanta 18V

The system was not power flushed when the boiler was installed.

TIA

Was that because you have a nupty installer who did the job for just £350 but not to include any power flush? [ Not wiring the pump to the boiler implies a non registered East European nupty ]

Or did you refuse to pay him the extra to power flush?

Or was it clean anyway?

In any case the problem seems to be possibly just setting the boiler up correctly although its off those coming under the warrantee did not manage that.

You dont say it but it seems the boiler is not even running the pump on a demand for CH.

It seems odd that the warrantee engineers seem to have all three left without solving the problem!

Tony

Sponsored Links
The system was not power flushed when the boiler was installed.

TIA

Was that because you have a nupty installer who did the job for just £350 but not to include any power flush? [ Not wiring the pump to the boiler implies a non registered East European nupty ]

Or did you refuse to pay him the extra to power flush?

Or was it clean anyway?

In any case the problem seems to be possibly just setting the boiler up correctly although its off those coming under the warrantee did not manage that.

You dont say it but it seems the boiler is not even running the pump on a demand for CH.

It seems odd that the warrantee engineers seem to have all three left without solving the problem!

Tony

Native but certainly not competent that's for sure, I'm even struggling to get him back 'cos he says he's got work to do!!!!!!!!!!
Is he having a 'lurf' or what?

He did not offer to power flush the system before installing new boiler, that's because he doesn't do that sort of thing. Spoke to him about it and he asked me to contact him once the system has been flushed!
Anyway he doesn't know what the problem is, said it himself, so I'm kind ignoring him for the mo'

The boiler is running the pump directly as recommended by Remeha, Remeha technician checked that.
Feeling the pump you can tell it is running when boiler is switched on.

Three Reemeha technicians came and went and all three left the boiler running but as I said before once the boiler is switched off it doesn't fire again. Unfortunately they all were Baxi people and not particularly expert on Remeha boilers. I believe Baxi took over Remeha.

I agree with you it seems a question of setting up the boiler correctly but which setting?
I'll try the suggestions made in this thread and see what the result is.

Broag took over Baxi and have since started using Heat Team for warranty.

You could try ringing Broag and asking if they have a local Broag agent who they could send.

They will probably say no, as the order has come down that locals are not to be used, but I still do my own warranty repairs when I can get to them quicker.

Nothing has been said to me yet and they have paid me each time ;)

Sponsored Links
sorry. haven't read all the posts.
Pressing the reset button does not return the boiler to factory settings. If you change he display setting so that it stays on, it will tell you at least what mode the boiler is in. ie pre purge, ignition etc.
(oops just notice boilerman2 had expanded on this previously)

sorry. haven't read all the posts.
Pressing the reset button does not return the boiler to factory settings. If you change he display setting so that it stays on, it will tell you at least what mode the boiler is in. ie pre purge, ignition etc.
(oops just notice boilerman2 had expanded on this previously)

Last Remeha technician seem technician checked all settings, nothing was changed.

Something changed, don't know what. I powered the boiler at the mains this morning just to see if it would work for a change, well, 10 mins later all rads were warm/hot! I got heat!, don't believe it!

Perhaps it all points to the boiler not being properly wired as suggested previous in the thread....
I'll try to get Remeha to re-check all wiring to this boiler.
Thanks everyone for comments and suggestions.

I powered the boiler at the mains this morning
Why was the power off?
If you were following the thread then you'd know all external components were bypassed and only way to turn boiler off was by switching it off at the mains. Anyway, that's what the last Remeha technician told me.
Sorry for asking! I did not realize that the controls were still bypassed.

Have any error codes appeared?
Has anyone looked in the error log?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back