Combi boiler heating house and conservatory

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
We have had a conservatory added to the house and have 2 radiators in it which run off the main system. The problem we have is that when the house thermostat gets tot he right temp (21 degrees) the radiators in the consertvatory obviously go off too.

How can we make it that the conservatory radiators stay on longer as they need more heat without heating the whole house constantly?

Regards

Sponsored Links
It has not been instaled in accordance wit the regulations!

It should be fitted as a seperate zone with its own time and temperatrure controls!

Tony

Assuming that you do not want to heat the conservatory all the time, why not fit a programmable thermostat in it, and set it to bypass the main thermostat, when you need it to heat the area.

Conservatories are not usually very well insulated, so expect large heating bills.

Sponsored Links
Assuming that you do not want to heat the conservatory all the time, why not fit a programmable thermostat in it, and set it to bypass the main thermostat, when you need it to heat the area.

I dont see how that can help.
All it will do is to turn on the whole house when it might otherwise be off and cause it to overheat.

Of course it will heat the conservatory at other times and temperatures but at the expense and discomfort of heating the house too mnuch.

Tony

I assumed, probably incorrectly, that there were TRVs fitted to the radiators in the house, which would have prevented overheating of the other rooms.

Your advice, is of course correct, but it may not be practical for the OP to do this without a lot of cost and hassle, perhaps for a small saving in fuel cost.

Keith

I think that we can assume that he does not have TRVs in the house otherwise he would not have this problem.

Whilst it does not give the correct compliance with regulations, fitting TRVs to all the rads would largely overcome his problems and give better control in the house as well as possibly saving some energy costs.

Tony

I think that we can assume that he does not have TRVs in the house otherwise he would not have this problem.

Whilst it does not give the correct compliance with regulations, fitting TRVs to all the rads would largely overcome his problems and give better control in the house as well as possibly saving some energy costs.

Tony

Are these electronic programmable TRVs any good? They seem to replace existing TRV heads with an electronic thermostat/actuator?

Would this help the OP if one was fitted in the conservatory, would save messing around with valves?
Would still need TRVs elsewhere of course.

Anyway I am sure you have pointed the OP in the correct direction, hopefully they can find a plumber/heating engineer who can do the job properly.

Keith

PS. By the way, I do enjoy reading your posts on this forum, you seem to have a true interest in your job.

They are quite expensive and need batts etc.

But would provide a wireless solution if there was no cable route available.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back