Combi Boiler Heating Luke Warm Water OK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I wonder if someone can help me - as British Gas cannot unless I pay a months wages....
I have a Sime Combi Boiler. The hot water is OK, but the heating is a mystery! The termostat on the boiler is full on, the radiators are full on and the timer is correct, however the radiators are only luke warm. We have bled the spare bedroom radiator and re-filled the system to 2 bar which used to work for a couple of days, now we have tried it again - no luck!! It seems to go back to 1.5 bar or 1bar eventually.
The BG guy said that the upstairs radiator had gas in it???? No idea what that means he just gave me ££££ signs.
Please help for a warm winter...
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Think you will find that their IS gas in the radiator, it comes from the B******T that you were given, you may have an airlock in your sytem, but as you mentioned that the pressure drops from 2 bar to 1 bar it sounds like you have a leak some where, you would need to find this leak first, try putting a small piece of paper under each radiator pipe and leaving for as long as necessary and seeing which one is wet or has a stain

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back