Combi Boiler / Hot Water / Shower Query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a fairly old Ravenheat combi boiler installed in my house. Recently I installed a dual feed thermostatic Bristan shower that is fed directly off the combi boiler. I am finding that when I run the shower, the radiators in the bathroom and the surrounding bedrooms are getting warm (very warm in one case). My question is "is this normal for a shower that is fed directly from a combi boiler?". I thought that the central heating system and water feed to the shower would be separate systems?

I have been thinking about updating my boiler and I don't know if this will resolve the problem when a condensing boiler is installed?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Alan

Sponsored Links
Which Ravenheat is it?

Sounds like the diverter valve is stuck and needs replacing.

It's a Ravenheat RSF 820/20.

I've been in the house for just over 6 years so the bolier is at least that old. I would suggest it's probably nearer 10 years old, possibly older. Do you think it's time for an upgrade?

Thanks again
Alan

Sponsored Links
How long do you intend to remain in your current property?? If more then 10 years, say, you'll have to replace it sometime and you may as well enjoy the best years of a new boiler yourself.

Also save any money on repairs of an ageing boiler....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back