Combi boiler - minimum pressure and flow ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.

Just recently had replaced mains water supply pipe , from lead pipe to 25mm mdpe. It is 3 storey building. On third floor i am getting static pressure of 1.9- 2.0 bar. Once tap is fully opened pressure drops to 0.9-1.0bar but flow is quite high as it is over-filling my weir cup which is max 22LPM. I am guessing flow is even higher but i need to do another test with accurate bucket.

Question to experienced plumbers , are these condition good enough to install combi boiler, i am bit worried about low pressure.

Previous system was vented hot water cylinder with cold storage tank.

Also is it worth going into high end boiler , I had in mind Ideal or Vaillant their premium range ?

Thank you

Sponsored Links
22l/min is more than any standard combi can deliver, so that'll be fine. Maybe the real question is whether a combi is actually suitable for your house? Would you not be better off with an unvented cylinder? How many bathrooms do you have?

22l/min is more than any standard combi can deliver, so that'll be fine. Maybe the real question is whether a combi is actually suitable for your house? Would you not be better off with an unvented cylinder? How many bathrooms do you have?

How far are you in with the "Awakening" Andy? ;)

Thanks.

Just one bathroom with walking in shower. Unfortunately there is no space for unvented cylinder anymore.

I have noticed screwfix offers some cheap boilers with stainless heat exchanger e.g. ariston or baxi. Are they any good or should i forget about them and go for brands like Vaillant or Ideal?

Sponsored Links
Thanks.

Just one bathroom with walking in shower. Unfortunately there is no space for unvented cylinder anymore.

I have noticed screwfix offers some cheap boilers with stainless heat exchanger e.g. ariston or baxi. Are they any good or should i forget about them and go for brands like Vaillant or Ideal?
Have a look at the Intergas Xclusive 36. Also remember that a good installation is as important as a good boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back