Combi Boiler NEw problem - blockage?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler comes on and after a minute or so goes out. On both heating and hot water. Sometimes the overheat needs resetting, sometimes not and the pump runs and the cycle repeats.

I think there's a circulation problem, but not sure what else to try. I've bled all radiators, magnaclean and pump, the pressure is 1.5 bar. Anything else I can try / do? Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
More info: some of the rads heat up - some hotter than others, some have always taken longer, and boiler is now cycling, coming on for a minute or two and going off, always had trouble with 2 rads in back bedrooms, think it is balancing issue but we have lots of 15mm drops. Overheat doesn't seem to trip now.

Sponsored Links
Diverter valves on these can be problematic, run a hot tap with the heating switched off and see if the heating flow gets hot if it does the Diverter valve needs servicing

Thanks for replying. Some of rads have cold spots and have for a while, but getting hot now, just a little slower than before. Might get a cleaner and put into system, X400 or something like that

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back