Combi boiler not firing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have drained my water system and installed a new expansion vessel and pressure relief valve to my very old Combi-boiler.

However on refilling the system and bleeding the radiators the boiler will not re-ignite. If I turn on the central heating system or the hot water then he boiler starts up and seems to be trying to fire but the flame just will not appear.

Think I may have a bit of air in the boiler but do not know how to get it out! Doesn't help with an 8 day old child in the house!

The boiler is a Biasi 28S (very old I know but not at the top of my list for replacement) and has an automatic air vent but not sure if it is functioning, or if it is air at all.

Any help appreciated, thank you.

Sponsored Links
No it does not have a pilot light, normally it justs lights automatically but not tonight of course. The noise does not seem normal either, it didn't sound like that before I drained the system.

Just realised I didn't mention that in the first post, when I try and fire the boiler it makes a horrific gurgling noise.... Nice.

undo the large pump screw in the middle of the pump and place a good towel under it. With the pump running you should get air being bled out of the system and once the flow sensor detects some flow it should fire.
There may be some water running out too.

Sponsored Links
OK thanks I will give it a rattle now, just had a look at the auto air vent and it looks a bit ore-war so not sure if it's doing its job at the moment...

Please ignore my last post if you saw it, I have had a look inside the pump when it is on and it seems to be spinning no problem however there was only a dribble of water that came out of it, should there be a lot more???.

Cheers,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back