Combi boiler pressure Keeps rising ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
i have a worcester Bosch 240 combi and after its been turned on running a couple of hrs the pressure is constantly rising to over 3mb. I have drained off the radiator to get the pressure back down to 1mb, but again the same thing still happens. Is this is due to the expansion vessel, if so - how do i top up the pressure myself. A couple of years ago, i had a problem where i had no heating or hot water and the engineer did say there was a problem with the expansion vessel, he then topped it up, i am sure he did this with a foot pump. Could it be that simple to fix the problem, just refill the expansion vessel???? If so do i just remove the expansion vessel connection and stick the pump on there, as i cannot see any other valves to connect to ??

Sponsored Links
it sounds like the ev.
is it an external one ?
or behind the boiler

if its external u can drain down and refill with a bike pump or similar..to about 1.5...(need a presssure gauge).(similar pressure to with u then fill the system)

but u might find the ev is knacked and u need a new one ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back