vokera linea 28 pressure rising

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The pressure in the combi boiler steadily rises, over about 8 hrs, to 3.0 bar. I've had to keep on bleeding to bring the pressure back down. This happens even with the CH function switched off. I've checked that the filler loop is completely disconnected. I've also switched off, reduced the pressure right down and tried to repressurise the expansion vessel (this seems to slow it down but after a while it starts again). I can only get about 0.75 ish bar in the expansion vessel. Why is this happening with the CH switched off? It's been recommended that the expansion vessel is kaput. Any ideas on what else I can try?

Sponsored Links
if it does it with the heating switched off then its the plate heat exchanger passing mains water to the heating side.

not difficult to change, drain down both sides, two screws to remove and 4 o-rings to change when the new one is screwed on.

also, are you filling the expansion vessel properly? check the FAQ's for the correct way to do it.

Sponsored Links
Tried a few of your tips and looked at the FAQs from the site. Released the pressure using the PRV to 1.5 bar, the pressure didn't rise. Tried hot water only, then central heating and everything seemed to work ok and has been since Friday (stays at 1.5 - 2 bar). Could the PRV have been sticking and letting the pressure build up? There was an occasional weep from the overflow outside but that's stopped. I don't want to muck around anymore if it's working. Thanks for your help.

prv is supposed to stay closed. it should only open at around 3 bar. if it opens at any other time its faulty.

you seem to have given us poor info by saying that that pressure rose when the heating was off, this led us (well me anyway) into suggesting the PHE was passing.

leave it be and see how it goes. if the pressure continues to rise when heating check the vessel pressure. if it does it when the boiler is off then the PHE is the only culprit.

the PRV may or may not be ok, sometimes reseating it will clear the crud off the seat and allow it to keep a seal, other times not.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back