Oil combi pressure rising quickly.

Here's your first wee 'clue' EXPANSION vessel!!

Hey dicky, do you understand the concept of EXPLAINING?

Baffle us with your superior knowledge if you are that clever; I meant an explanation of those points where my knowledge is lacking (according to you), and did not ask for a puzzle.

At the moment, you sound just like the muppet from the council who tried to tell me that the plastic radiator pipes in the bathroom needed bonding. You wouldn't be working for the council by any chance would you?

Sponsored Links
Judging by your comments, I know as much about them as gordon knows about economy.

I have always believed that generally, what comes out, must have first have gone in.

Not much came out of the Icelandic banks!

That would imply that not much went in!

But a terrific amount DID go in!

That, my dear Tony, is the difference between myself and gordon.
I understand that whatever his government "gives" to us, we have first have payed in, but that not all that we pay in, will come back to us.

That said, thermal expansion is still linear, even though it has been a few years since I left college, and no politicians are hiding in boilers to mess things up. :LOL:

Did so Kev.
Still, I am curious. I don't know about you, but from time to time I find out something that causes serious :oops: :oops: :oops:

Similar to finding out that the chess was upgraded twice in 3 years, and never having heard about it, only about something that actually matters.

You never know how you can get simple things wrong, but in this case I think I am closer to the truth, and dicky is some wiseass working for the council who has a very wide gob, but when push comes to shove he can't fix the problem.
I bet he is not even a RGI. Not that I could prove I am at the moment, as crapita STILL haven't managed to find my details, :evil: and I STILL don't have a card, nor do I appear on the website.
:!: Maybe dicky works for crapita!

Sponsored Links
Ben son, I'm a time-served Master Plumber, with qualifications in Plumbing & Heating you could only dream of. Oh, yes I'm also a RGI & have been since you were a twinkle in the Milkman's eye!! But like you my company is still waiting on our certs & cards from Gas Safe.

Ben, I forgot to point out that I'm also a highly respected member of the Screwfix Plumbing Forum and one of the more modest there. So please join us there, we enjoy a laff!!

Ben son, I'm a time-served Master Plumber

We don't have master plumbers in England, but surely up north it means a lot. If it means enough to actually explain to me what I don't understand about expansion in sealed systems........

with qualifications in Plumbing & Heating you could only dream of.

I so love to be impressed; why don't you list them?

Oh, yes I'm also a RGI & have been since you were a twinkle in the Milkman's eye!!

That would make you............ retarded. I mean retired.
And it would explain your attitude.
Bit like the old codger the other day: "Young man!.... I have been driving for 74 years, I know how to park my car. :rolleyes: I am sure he does, my only problem was that I saw the light go green twice whilst waiting for him to do so. Bit like you and your explanation of how sealed systems and expansion work.

If only I had a pound for every "master plumber" who had been "in the trade for xx years" and connects the flow and return at "the end of the circuit"

If only I had a pound for every "Master Plumbers" who had been "in the trade for xx years" and connects the flow and return at "the end of the circuit"...................But I thought you didn't have Master Plumbers in Engerland son??!! Perhaps it would be better if you started telling the truth & stop blaming AOPs for you poor driving!!

Just yanking yer chain Ben, hope we get our cards & certs from Gas Safe soon. I hope you & your family have a Happy Easter.

Still waiting for that explanation dicky
And the list of qualifications
I don't think you actually can provide the first.
Or the second.
You seem suspiciously similar to another alter ego of bamby asswipe or bigbullshit
Lot of wind, no actual real info, no answers to problems, vague referrals to "decades of experience" and "lots of qualifications"
Your next message will be most useful; either I will learn something new about sealed systems, or I can use the IGNORE button in stead of the "reply"

I bet he won't come up with the answers.
Wager a pint Kev?
Statements about how old they are and how long they have been in the trade usually come from those that have nothing else to boast.
Funny how we started wondering about bb and asswipe almost at the same time.
Maybe it is true then that great minds think alike :LOL: :LOL:

To get back to the subject, as for system size, I said in the first post the system was 4 rads. It's in a tiny house, so the 12 litre vessel is a reasonable fit.

The pressure at start was 1 bar air, 1bar water. The system gauge was approximately right.

I take it from the trivial replies that no one can offer an explanation based on experience.

absolutely, hence my use of the ignore facility for those that talk the talk, but do not walk the walk.
I don't mind sarcasm, or even arrogance if it comes from those who can teach me a thing or 2, and there are some of those that frequent the forum. never quite understood what drives people like dd, bb and dicky to spend hours pretending to be someone to people they are never going to meet.
I remember, years ago, checking out the competition and found a chap who had put in his profile: "I am a pilot, I work at heathrow." Probably got him some lego before the fair haired young lady figured out that pilots actually don't work at airports, so you can understand why he did it. I could understand why someone would pretend to be a plumber on a dating website, it is a great chat up line, but on diynot?

Time will tell which group people belong to.
As I feel generous, I will give you 2 to 1 that dicky will not deliver.
Too bad I can 't drink virtual pints :D

Oops, missed a couple; this reply was of course to Kev.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back