combi boiler - pressure problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have recently moved into a house with a combi boiler system made by Ferroli for HW and CH (Optima 710). At first it was working fine and then it has recently started dropping pressure when the CH is off - down to about 0.5 Bar.
Since the CH and HW will not fire up until the pressure is above 1 Bar I have been doing this with the filler valve - but this now happens every time I switch it off. Can't find any evidence of a leak in the system and wondered if anyone has heard of a similar problem or knows why?

Any help much appreciated
Many thanks :)
Ian

Sponsored Links
I have a ferroli boiler to (different model) and had a similar problem, the c/h was newly installed and the boiler kept loosing pressure, no evidence of any leak whatsoever and eventually after openning the filling loop every day for about a week I called ferroli out as the boiler just switched off.

The engineer came out and changed a valve and hey presto it solved the problem, I know I had a dodgy vale and thats as much as I can tell you sorry. My problem sounds remarkably like yours so maybe you should call out the engineer as it may just stop all together soon?

Good luck

was it the overflow valve as that tends to be the last place i looked when i had a drop in pressure on my combi and it was dripping merrily away the engineer who fitted it knew i had young kids and made the overflow go all the way into the drain bar 5 mm so was a luckky find i was told it was my fault as i was using that to correct my putting too much water into system and turned overflow valve to vent eventually causing it to leak

Sponsored Links
could you try using punctuation and splitting things into more than one sentence only I can't really understand what you are saying like this happens quite a bit when someone just writes a whole post as one sentence and it doesn't make much sense really at all and I am interested to see what you have said but I don't really understand it but I am sure it would make sense to a plumber however they would already know and so it wouldn't necessarily benefit them ;)

But seriously, I really can't understand what you are saying. I am always interested to read what other people have done; could you rephrase it a bit?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back