Vokera Compact combi Pressure loss

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is a very similar problem to one posted under the thread "Vokera Linea 24 pressure problem" - but we didn't get to see if that problem got fixed or not -
I've got a Vokera Compact combi with an almost identical problem - slowly losing pressure (about 0.5 bar over a month), identified some small leaks in the central heating system, fixed them, all ok. Then over Xmas noticed that when the CH is on pressure drops very slowly (losing about half a bar per week) but if the CH is off pressure drops from 2 bar to zero within 2 hours. Only evidence of any water out is from the wee copper pipe to the outside of the house (overflow I guess) when i topped the boiler up to 3 bars but this stopped after pressure dropped off to 2.5. can't find any leaks from radiators or piping in spite of lots of looking and crawling about under house - any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Little embarassing :oops:

Luckily(!) the washing machine broke down last night and when I moved it out of it's unit I noticed that the main pipe behind the washing machine taking water from the combi boiler to the central heating system was leaking steadily through a gap into the wall cavity with the external wall.. Joint re-tightened, pressure holding, problem solved. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back