vokera Compact HE sealed boiler losing pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any help would be gretfully received.

I have a 3 year old Vokera Compact HE, sealed boiler fitted in a first floor cupboard. For the past 6 months the boiler has been slowly losing pressure requiring it to be toped up every 5 or 6 weeks. However over the last few days the pressure has dropped to a level where the unit wont fire up, this is happening on a daily basis. When I fill to re-pressurise to 1.5 bar and turn the boiler on, the pressure increases to about 3 bar it then starts to lose pressure and will fall below .5 bar after about 3 hours. The system does not lose any pressure when it is not running. Having done what research I can it seems to be that the expansion vessel is the most likely problem either a faulty unit or it needing re-pressurised. I have attempted to find the shrader type valve for the expansion vessel to test for water or low pressure but I cant for the life of me locate it even with the service instruction book.

Does anyone have any experience of this model of boiler or this problem?

Cheers

Ross

Sponsored Links
Take a look at the top /rear of the boiler behind the flue turret and all will be revealed when you look down on the exp vessel. Getting a pump connection on it is another matter.

Thanks Gasman.

Found the valve and gave it a quick press, air came rushing out however there was also a small ammount of water spray. The system was off when I did this. Would this indicate that the boiler is ok and the leak is in the system?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back