Grant combi oil boiler losing pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a 4 year old Grant Combi Vortex 26 oil boiler that slowly loses pressure.

I cant see any visible leaks in the water system but it loses pressure after about 3 weeks from 1.2 bar down to almost nothing.

Could the expansion vessel be faulty ?

thanks

steve

Sponsored Links
Probably just needs repressurising.

Hi it was repressuried and serviced about 2 months ago .

steve

Sounds like the engineer didn't check that the tyre valve wasn't leaking a frequent problem so it's gone flat again. With the boiler cold and the pressure just over 1 bar does it go over 3 bar when hot? If so expansion vessel has no air. It will also be dumping water outside.
Other possibility is you have a leak under the floor.

Sponsored Links
Or if the pressure relief valve has been opened it may have sediment on the seating face and not sealing correctly when closed. This would give a small leak and lose pressure over a longer period of time

Four year old Grant Vortex? Have a good look at the three auto air vents on the flow and return pipes and DHW heat eaxch. Try closing off the caps and see if it makes a difference.

Four year old Grant Vortex? Have a good look at the three auto air vents on the flow and return pipes and DHW heat eaxch. Try closing off the caps and see if it makes a difference.

today the pressure just dropped to zero and the boiler stopped working I have removed the expansion vessel and it has water inside it do you think this is the problem

thank

steve ( trainee plumber soon)

today the pressure just dropped to zero and the boiler stopped working I have removed the expansion vessel and it has water inside it do you think this is the problem

thank

steve ( trainee plumber soon)
Yep,press the valve in with pin and you will prob get a spray of water come out of it.

If there is no water coming out of the schrader valve, it may only need re-pressuring.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back