Pressure drop when heading

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks in advance for any responses.

Basically my central heating system is losing pressure but I cannot find any leaks. It's losing around 0.5 bar in a day. I've checked the overflow pipe and the water is not coming out of there. It's possible that the leak is under the floorboards downstairs.

The one thing I have noticed is that the pressure gauge drops by around 0.5 bar when I switch on the hot water taps or when the central heating is actually heating the water in the system. I thought the hot water was isolated from the central heating and therefore wouldn't affect the pressure? Could this be causing the loss of pressure?

I had the expansion vessel replaced a couple of years ago but I suppose the new one could be broken.

Boiler is a Vokera Linea 24.

Sponsored Links
ex vessel may need resetting to its correct pressure,when the pump starts you get a slight negative pressure reading on the gauge

Thanks for the very speedy reply. The new expansion vessel doesn't seem to have a method for re-pressurising unlike the original (it had a valve similar to a car tyre). The pressure drop seems a little high (I'm not a Gas Engineer) and remains constant (about 0.5 bar) until the hot water tap is turned off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back