Boiler pressure drops when heating comes on or hot tap.

Good question. I'll admit to being a little worried that they will come out and see the work going on in the house - radiators removed, replaced, boiler moved, decorating, etc and say any faults aren't covered. The last time I called them they asked if I'd been doing any decorating. I got the distinct impression they were looking for reasons to get out of sending any engineer.

I'm probably worrying needlessly (my father certainly thinks I am) but I'm keen to eliminate any simple faults (especially those that could have been caused by the building works) that I can fix myself, e.g. leaking lockshields, air-locks, weeping joints.

The pressure was too high, so I drained some more and triple-triple checked rads for leaks and air. Left it over night and it's back to its old routine of slowly losing pressure.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back