combi boiler pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

the pressure in my boiler is falling every week and i have to keep on filling it back up. how do i go about stopping this.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
i can tfind a leak anywhere, that was my original thought. I live in a flat and if there was a leak the people underneath me would certainly tell me about it.

have you checked the prv pipe. that will be the copper pipe under the boiler thats gos to the outside wall.

Sponsored Links
CadMan1

Bit more info needed.
Make and age of boiler?
How much pressure are you loosing each week?

Andy.

CadMan1

Bit more info needed.
Make and age of boiler?
How much pressure are you loosing each week?

Andy.

the boiler is a ariston don't know how old it is as moved into new place in september and the end user paper work etc wasn't left. When refilling i fill it up to between 1-1.5 when on and it drops back into the red in about a week.

It could be that you are loosing water around the radiator valves and then the water is evaporating. Try running your hand around the back of the valves.

Does your pipework run under the floor anywhere?

It could be that you are loosing water around the radiator valves and then the water is evaporating. Try running your hand around the back of the valves.

Does your pipework run under the floor anywhere?

i did have a leaky drain cock on one of the radiators but that seems to have stopped now. all the pipe work is in the loft as im on the top floor. Just to let you know all the pipework is the thin white plastic push fit stuff.

I would keep an eye on the drain cock that you say seems ok now, as it could still be leaking and if it is and then evaporating you might not notice.

I would also inspect the pipework in your loft.
The plastic pushfit pipework you have is fine if it has been installed correctly. If not you could have a leaky fitting somewhere.

Keep it simple at first and check the obvious places.

Andy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back