Combi boiler Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a Warmflow Combi boiler 70/90 and a couple of days ago we turned the heating on and only the upstairs came on.
I increased the pressure in the system as it was a tad low and also turned the heating up full incase there was an air lock of some sort (can there be in a pressurised system?) to try and blow it out.
Both were to no avail.
I then thought it was the downstairs thermostat - we have two, one upstairs and one downstairs.
I bought two new thermostats and proceeded to fit them, however I managed to blow them both by not turning the power of first :( - my bad.
I've now fitted the new thermostats and now the boiler does nothing when the heating is turned on.

Q. Could I have blown something else possibly in the boiler that I need to reset/replace?

Points to note,
The Domestic hot water side of things works fine.
The thermostat is sending a signal for the boiler to come on (battery operated).
The thermostat is wired
Brown - 3 or C
Grey - 2 or ON
Black - 1 or OFF is this correct

Below is the thermostat and wiring details (not the best)

http://www.sunvic.co.uk/tlx7501rt.html

This is my boiler

http://www.tradeplumbing.co.uk/asse...y-Condensing-Boilers-Manual-3307-Issue-01.pdf

I believe its the 1.5.5 U-Series Utility – Combi (UCHE) on page 12

Also any ideas what the initial problem could have been?
Incase I get back there without the help of an engineer.

Thanks in advance
Jonathan

Sponsored Links
You must have two zones and probably the DS motor valve has failed. It could probably be moved to a manual setting for the moment.

I cannot guess whats you have done now. Maybe connected it wrongly or blown something!

Tony

Got it sorted, after I replaced the thermostats and control panel I checked the downstairs DS motor valve and it was frazzled.

As Agile said it could be set to manual until I bought a new one and got in swopped out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back