Combi boiler strange pressure rising problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently drained my system by opening up one of the drain cocks downstairs, then repressurised my expansion vessel to just over 1 bar and then refilled the system up to 1 bar using the filling loop. I then bled the rads and topped back up to 1 bar again.

It generally works fine now except for the fact that I'm now seeing the pressure when cold creep up slowly, something like 0.1 or 0.2 bar each day. I checked the filling loop and it doesn't appear to be leaking. I can't leave the filling loop removed though as the non return valve between the boiler and filling loop is leaking, so the filling loop is stopping this water from escaping.

Any ideas what could be causing this gradual increase in pressure each day? Could anyone offer any tips on what I could check please? I'm currently having to release some water from the system each week to bring the pressure back down to 1 bar when cold, which obviously isn't ideal. Would appreciate any advice.

Thanks,
Steve

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
put a new filling loop on (as it may be 'letting by' ) alternativly cap the end of the filling loop that connects to the cold mains, either way remove the loop, if the pressure still rises when cold (boiler not in use) then you may have a split DHW heat exchanger. Check for this by isolating cold water inlet to boiler - if the problem is solved then your quids in (or out ;) ).

I can't leave the filling loop removed though as the non return valve between the boiler and filling loop is leaking, so the filling loop is stopping this water from escaping.

the loop should be removed to comply with the water regs

ohh yer in deep S**t mate

(gets off soapbox ) :LOL: :LOL: ;)

regulation R.24,

hence filling loops that are stated as being an R24 filling loop conform to the regs but they also have to be disconnected from the mains to conform to other aspects of the regulation (backflow)

Kev is learning ;)

Thats what you want from your star apprentice though ;)

............and I cant fall through the ceiling of the internet either :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back